Monday, August 23, 2010

Acupuncture

I have terrible allergies. I consider a good day one in which I can breathe out of one nostril. I've tried shots and medicines, but they get expensive. It's also annoying to be doped up on allergy meds all the time. As a last resort, I decided to try acupuncture. I also need some help with the pain in my left knee. There is a doctor's office right near my house where a Chiropractor & a doctor of Oriental Medicine practice together.

I was only a little nervous when I checked in this morning. I filled out some paperwork, then headed back to Kelly's office. She led me to a room that looked so relaxing. I instantly got tired. After she asked me some questions about my symptoms & dietary habits, she looked at my tongue. Then she felt my pulse on both wrists. After that, it was time to lie down on the table.

She made sure I was comfortable with pillows at my head & below my knees. She shined a heat lamp on my feet (awesome!). Then she felt various points on my body to see where I felt tenderness. Next, she put needles in different areas in my body. She put one in each elbow, one in each leg, one in each ear, and one in each hand. Then she put a needle on each side of my nose (right where I felt sinus pressure). Those were the only needles that actually hurt. I rested for a while, then she came in & removed the needles. She put acupressure nodes in my ears for me to wear until our next appointment.

I'm not yet sure how well the acupunture worked for me, but I am hopeful that I will feel some sinus relief soon. I will definitely keep you posted on how it goes in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment